Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Our client – which is a company specializing in innovative energy reduction and renewable energy generation to industrial and commercial sites is looking to recruit a Solar System Engineer in Dubai UAE. The company is a part of large conglomerate Group Headquartered in Dubai.
- Conduct energy site audits for commercial, industrial and domestic sites to reduce energy consumption.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect all the necessary structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design for commercial, industrial and domestic solar power systems.
- Develop detailed engineering drawing including 3D models and shadow analysis with losses and optimization recommendations of site for solar energy installations using computer-aided design (CAD)
- This should also include creating electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules and connection diagrams and optimized routing schedules.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for energy systems and components.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Prepare a detailed BOQ to be sent out to suppliers and contractors.
- Evaluate plans or specifications of existing systems to determine technological or environmental implications and recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, Perform cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Evaluate financial models for solar installations, analyze costs and benefits of proposed designs or projects.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Solar System Engineering
- Detailed knowledge of various different solar technologies for generation, storage and distribution
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years in the solar industry in the MENA / Africa region.
- Detailed knowledge of regulations and incentives relating to solar and energy conservation in various countries
- Good contacts with consultants, EPC contractors and prospective customers
- The job will require travel 50% of the time.
- Ability to travel to countries across the Middle East (including Yemen) and Africa region at short notice.
- Annual Performance Bonus (discretionary)
- Airfare allowance
- Family medical insurance
Your application will be sent to Shahab Mushtaq .